Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Work Hard Play Hard

Lately I've had to work far too hard. In fact, I'll probably work a little bit tonight after I get finished with this post.

It has a downside, and an upside.

The downside is, well, it's obvious, isn't it: I have to work too hard! The upside is: well, fortunately I make more money. But also sometimes I have to travel.

The downside is: I'm going to be almost a week and a half in New Jersey. The upside is: if all goes well, you will see a post or two from me this Sunday in NYC. :)

I've never been there before, and having a day off (which I hope I'll get a day off in the next week and a half), only 1.5 hrs from Manhattan - we'll I'm going to try and swing it.

The only thing is: I'll be there on 9/10. A gloomy sort of prospect that I might find myself emotionally stirred up, and shed a tear or two at ground zero. I wouldn't as a mater of course probably have planned to go to G-zero, but it's right next to the park where I'll be going to see the Statue of Liberty, so I might as well.

I'm a bit excited about it. I'm also a bit nervous.

Stay tuned.

Cheers!
Basil/Kevin

P.S. My daughter who is only 9 but dreams of traveling the world is extremely jealous. Remember my family in your prayers.

No comments: