Wednesday, December 18, 2002

A Reflection on Apothatic Theology from Terry Scott Taylor
(From "Darn floor - big bite")

In not-quite earth, in not-quite heaven
I'll imitate love like lovers do
In not-quite art, in not-quite living
I'll pray that writing it down is part of loving you

Darn floor - big bite
You are twilight, dark and bright
Darn floor - big bite
You are beautiful, terrible terrible sight!

*************************************************
I especially love that "I'll pray that writing it down is part of loving you" part.

The mystical theology of Terry Scott Taylor (Daniel Amos.com) had a profound influence on my ultimately becoming an Orthodox Christian.

Another good example is from the "Unattainable Earth"

In the unattainable earth
Amazed in these half-light days
In the unattainable earth
Language is weak, but I keep on speaking
Of the unattainable earth


I love that stuff!!!

~Fly~





No comments: